Wednesday 12 December 2007

Yes!

First of all, let me share with you a secret: I'm a late morning sleeper (and a hard sleeper at that). And yet, the past week, at the mere buzz of the intercom, I've catapulted myself out of bed and "run" to the door. I've let in anyone who has buzzed, but not the person I most wanted to let in: the postman. This morning had a different feel to it. I even ran to the door and answered, only to find out from my bedmate that no one had rung. And then it came, buzz and then buzz buzz. A friendly voice from afar, telling me there is a package for me and to run downstairs. I got dressed at record speed and ran, unwashed face and crazy hair, downstairs. I did a little dance and held back a little yelp. There it was!!
And now I share this beautiful package from Portugal with all of you.
Let me point out that, in my haste and frenzy, I still took time to appreciate Portugal's beautiful stamps:

And then after ripping out the industrial strength scotch-tape, here is what greeted my eye:

I will admit that for a minute yarn was not on my mind. At all. I ruffled through the pink paper and found candy. I love candy!

And then I dove in and pulled out the following yarn. Let me just say that yarn wrapped in a bow is the equivalent of George Clooney wrapped in a bow for my non-knitting part of the brain: it rocks.
This skein is a beautiful strawberry pink and I think it will make a kicking hat.

This is the softest yarn I have ever felt and I am still not sure what will be of it. Whatever it is, it will be a pleasure to wear.

And last, but definitely not least, let's talk about Paula's mind-reading abilities. I have been knitting and crocheting flowers as Xmas presents with some Noro yarn that quickly ran out. What does she present me with if not basically the awesomer (I am making up words like a pro today) and way less scratchy equivalent?


Thank you so much for making jumping out of bed so early so much fun, Paula. I cannot wait for the next swap!!

1 comment:

Charlie Chuckles said...

Hi there! Me too! I thought I was the only one not to have received their package yet!!